Monday, June 20, 2016

Tanner's Last Mission Letter

Tanner will be returning home from his mission to Guayaquil, Ecuador this coming Tuesday. We are so proud of him and the things he has learned and experienced. The one thing I noticed about him through his letters is that despite primitive living conditions, different food, dengue fever, major earthquakes, and probably a lot of other uncomfortable and difficult situations, he never complained. He learned to be grateful in any situation and for that alone, my sacrifice of only speaking to him twice a year has been more than worth it. I am excited to welcome home my son. Here is an excerpt from his last letter home: 




 The mission has changed my life, I love this Gospel and all that I have learned here in the mission. I have learned by experience of the power, and hope that the Gospel and the atonement of Christ gives, and have learned to build upon the doctrines and principles of the gospel.
Being a missionary has been the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. I know that true happiness and joy comes through repentance and righteousness and helping others come unto Christ. I
know that the gospel has power to change lives, even our very nature
and character. I am forever grateful that I could bring these kinds of blessings to the lives all the people I have met.  I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and through his grace we are saved. I know that we should strive every day to receive His grace and blessings, and help others.  I cannot believe that t
he time has gone by so fast. The mission has truly been one of the greatest experinces of my life. I have learned so much, and of all of
the important lessons that I learned is about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I know that my personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ has increased, beacuse of my love and service to God, and knowing the mercies, love, and  perfect grace of Christ. I thank you all that have supported my on my mission, for your prayers and love.
See you soon!
Love,
Elder Brown


This is me with my mission president and his wife, President and Sister Riggins. 



No comments:

There was an error in this gadget